[THREDDS #NTZ-878435]: download ensembles data questions

> Hello Lansing,
>
> sorry not have written it already in the first e-mail. Yes, I'm trying to
> download data from the ensembles website (http://www.ensembles-eu.org). Then,
> from the home page I click on data archives and then on the point 3 of the
> first list (RCM simulations for hindcasts           and future scenarios) ,
> then RCM data portal. At this point I choose the Erasmo Buonuomo model (grid
> resolution 25 km, normal sensitivity) and click on online in the DODS/OpenDAP
> access column. Following I choose DM (daily mean data) and look for the
> maximum temperature
> (METO-HC_HadRM3Q0_CTL_ERA40_DM_25km_1959-1960_tasmax.nc.gz). Here there is
> the data download page with several editable dialogue boxes, where there are
> also longitude and latitude.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and time
> Corrado

> Corrado Camera
> Post-doc Researcher
> Energy, Environment and Water Research Center
> The Cyprus Institute
> _____

Hello Corrado,

No worries - I figured out where you were looking from what you told me in your
second e-mail.  You are correct that you can select a subset of latitude and
longitude to download.  The general format of the subsetting is
start:stop:stride, where stride is set to 1 to get every point, 2 to get every
other point, and so on.  A useful resource for figuring out how to get what you
want is www.opendap.org.  Unfortunately, you will need to track down the
metadata that describes the particular model file you are trying to download in
order to pick the indices you need.  You could of course use a trial and error
method, but this might be painful for you.  I looked through the documentation
that was provided on the download site, and it only gives the horizontal
resolution (214x220) without specifying what lon0 and lat0 are.  You might best
be served by contacting the person listed in the documentation, who appears to
be one address@hidden.

I wish I could be more helpful, but it is not a dataset with which I am
familiar.

Regards,
  Lansing