[THREDDS #IZW-298295]: Customise TDS [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

> Hi Lansing,
>
> Thanks for taking times to answer my question. I got some of the issues
> working. However on http://localhost:8080/thredds/catalog.html page I like to
> include our banner/footer in to the page. Is it possible to do it? Is this
> page construct by java class or jsp? Can you please show me how it can be
> done?
>
> Cheers,
> Ken

Hi Ken,

I took a look at this today, and the short answer is that it is not easy.  I
found out that the catalog.jsp file (under the WEB-INF directory) is a red
herring, and I had to dig into the htmlwriter to make changes to the catalog
page.  You probably don't want to do that.  I also found out that footers are a
vexing problem, but HTML 5 is supposed to help with that by creating a <footer>
tag.  This sort of feature is on our short list to fix, as part of refactoring
the web pages to make them a little more flexible.  In the meantime, I'll try
to figure out something quick and dirty for you.

Cheers,
  Lansing