[THREDDS #HJI-949791]: Tomcat 7

Hi Olmo,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

Olmo Zavala wrote:
> The THREDDS server doesn't work with Tomcat 7 because of the EL version.
> If you enable the WMS server and test any of the test data you will get:
> javax.el.ELException: Failed to parse the expression [${config.abstract}]]
> with root cause.
> Do you know about this bug?
> I am a developer that will be using the THREDDS server and I have some things
> I will like to add into the old ncWMS, who can I contact to see if my changes
> can be added to the main code.
> Thanks.

We are aware of the TDS/ncWMS problem with the EL version in Tomcat 7. TDS
4.2.9+ has a fix for this problem. We are working on getting the fix into TDS
4.3 by upgrading to the latest ncWMS code. That should be finished before our
next alpha release (4.3.10 alpha2).

If your changes are to the ncWMS code, you should talk directly to the ncWMS
folks

http://www.resc.rdg.ac.uk/trac/ncWMS/

We will be trying to keep the TDS pretty up to date with ncWMS releases in the
future.

If your changes are to the TDS code that interacts with the ncWMS code, you can
contact us either through our TDS support email (address@hidden) or the TDS
email list (address@hidden). Generally, we recommend the email list for this
kind of discussion as others in the community might be working on or have ideas
for similar features.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,

Ethan