[THREDDS #ZBP-879767]: Getting a catalog modification data

Hi Nate,

There is not currently such a mechanism. For some time now, we have had "Add
lastModified to HTTP response headers for catalog responses based on
configuration catalogs" on our list

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/TDS-161

However, that issue is only targeted at the configuration catalogs not at
generated catalogs, e.g., those from a datasetScan.

We do have plans to rework much of how the TDS maintains its state including
how users can access and interact with that information. However, that will not
be part of the upcoming TDS 4.3 release.

Ethan

Nate Wilhelmi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there anyway to get the modification date for a catalog without
> downloading the catalog?
>
> The use case would be a process that is harvesting catalogs from a TDS,
> after an initial load I would only like to process catalogs that have
> changed since the last harvest. Trying to see if we can get away without
> downloaded all the catalogs for inspection.
>
> Alternatively, are there other public mechanisms to get TDS state change
> information, catalogs add/changed/deleted?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Nate

Ticket ID: ZBP-879767
Department: Support THREDDS