[THREDDS #RUH-556112]: problem displaying after adding restrictedDatasetUser to a few datasets

Hi Donna,

The TDS actually has a few known issues running on Tomcat 7. One of them is
handling /thredds/ and /thredds/catalog.html requests. So that might explain
your "Service Temporarily Unavailable" response (though I would expect a 404
Not Found response). The other issue has to do with the WMS functionality. So,
if you are enabling and using WMS, that will be an issue.

We plan to have both of these issues fixed in TDS 4.2.9. In the mean time, we
recommend running TDS with the latest Tomcat 6.0.

Ethan

Donna Cote wrote:
> Thanks Ethan. I thought Gerry reinstalled Tomcat yesterday. Don't know
> why the "Server built" date is August 29th. We had Tomcat/7.0.5 before
> yesterday.
>
> He suspects that I wrote over some TDS config files for our Tomcat 7
> installation with some config files from (a previous) Tomcat 6 install.
>
> Here is the info:
> [root@scoopdata ~]# cd $TOMCAT_HOME
> [root@scoopdata tomcat]# ./bin/version.sh
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/java/default
> Using CLASSPATH:
> /opt/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
> Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.21
> Server built:   Aug 29 2011 09:16:17
> Server number:  7.0.21.0
> OS Name:        Linux
> OS Version:     2.6.18-238.19.1.el5.centos.plusPAE
> Architecture:   i386
> JVM Version:    1.6.0_25-b06
> JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.
> [root@scoopdata tomcat]#
>
> Note that we have JAVA_HOME pointing to a d
>
> [root@scoopdata tomcat]# echo $JAVA_HOME
> /usr/java/default
> [root@scoopdata tomcat]# ls -lh /usr/java
> total 4.0K
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   16 Apr 29 09:02 default -> /usr/java/latest
> drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr 29 09:02 jdk1.6.0_25
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   21 Apr 29 09:02 latest -> /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_25
> [root@scoopdata tomcat]#
>
> If this is a Tomcat problem, would you forward my questions, please?
>
> Thanks,
> Donna

> Donna Cote wrote:
>> When I say "problem displaying", I mean that the
>> http://scoopdata.tamu.edu/thredds/catalog.html page has Apache reporting
>> "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Ticket ID: RUH-556112
Department: Support THREDDS