Re: New Ticket - [THREDDS !OKY-849366]: /data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working ?

On 4/7/2011 7:05 AM, Rich Signell wrote:
New Ticket: /data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working ?

TDS Support,

Is this directory:  "/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working" used by default
when CDM cache is commented out in the threddsConfig.xml?

I found our TDS 4.2.5  dead this morning, and in catalina.out there
were these messages:

ThreddsConfig:INFO: adding catalogRoot = albers.xml
ThreddsConfig:INFO: adding catalogRoot = albers_remote.xml
Exception in thread "DiskCache-/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working/"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: DiskCache2: not a directory or I/O
error on dir=/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working
         at ucar.nc2.util.DiskCache2.cleanCache(DiskCache2.java:283)
         at ucar.nc2.util.DiskCache2$CacheScourTask.run(DiskCache2.java:320)

this is a red herring - its the default dir for cdmr service. not sure why its active - ill check. what version tds?

PermGen space
Use '-debug' option for more details
Exception in thread "http-8085-2" PermGen space
Use '-debug' option for more details
Exception in thread "http-8085-7" PermGen space
Use '-debug' option for more details
this is your problem. likely too many tds restarts without restarting tomcat.