Re: typos. in annotated threddsConfig.xml; questions about DatasetSource REST invocation and logs

Hi David:

On 2/9/2011 1:25 PM, david hon wrote:
Hi John, Bruce,

This week I have resumed my TDS investigations...

Although you are likely already aware of this, there are some typos. in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/threddsConfig.xml.txt

"<nj22Config" -- missing closing ">"

and

"<DatsetSource>my.package.DatsetSourceImpl</DatsetSource>" -- should
be "<datasetSource>..." ?

thanks i will fix these

After editing the above, my DatasetSource implementation is getting
registered, but I can't seem to get
it to be invoked.

I'm not sure what the RESTful HTTP GET syntax should be to do so.
Assuming the boolean isMine()
func. is checking for "/foo/", what would the REST be?

http://hostname:port/thredds/foo/ -- does not seem to work

This REST below works fine for my datasetScan catalog.xml:
http://hostname:port/tthredds/catalog/datascan/catalog.html?dataset=DatasetScan/whatever.hdf
  (or .nc)

But how do I get my plugin/handler invoked (now that is seems to be
properly registered)?

how do you know its registered correctly?

i think any error messages will come out into catalina.out first thing after startup.

ill see if i can clean this up and give better diagnostics.

Also, for some reason, the logs are no longer working -- after
deployment and processing
some RESTs, the logs remains empty (thankfully catalina.out remains
useful). The logs dir
looks like this no matter what:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 cache.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 catalogInit.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 cataloggen.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 featureCollectionScan.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 models.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 serverStartup.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 dhon users    0 Feb  9 14:50 threddsServlet.log

Have you ever experienced such behavior? Thanks in advance for your help.

my guess is that theres a problem with the log4j file - maybe a spurious one getting found first?

can you do a clean install and send me catalina.out ?

John