[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: New Client Reply - [THREDDS !GLB-616895]: NetCDF Subset Service often inaccessible (HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error)

On 12/21/2010 11:36 AM, John Maurer, IV wrote: John,
I've searched my Tomcat bin directory for the TransformerFactory without success. In case you want to give those files a look, I've put them in hioos_tomcat_bin.zip in my ftp directory. I was not sure what you meant by tomcat -D. I remembered seeing something about saxon in our OOSTethys installation, however, and poked around that webapps folder. I find, for example, this:


I also found in their online documentation that they use Saxon as their transformation engine:


What now? Do I need to run OOSTethys in it's own Tomcat container rather than using the same one I use for TDS and LAS?

that should fix the problem of ncss form failing.

there are other things that could be done if you want to keep the same tomcat.  most likely you would have to push the saxon jar up into the tomcat lib directory.

John Maurer

----- Original Message -----
From: John Caron <address@hidden>
Date: Monday, December 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Subject: Re: New Client Reply - [THREDDS !GLB-616895]: NetCDF Subset Service often inaccessible (HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error)
To: "John Maurer, IV" <address@hidden>

> Im pretty sure the problem is here: javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory tries to use saxon for XSLT. these are in the localhost.logs:
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet GridSubsetService threw exception
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
>     at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(TransformerFactory.java:108)
>     at org.jdom.transform.XSLTransformer.<init>(XSLTransformer.java:133)
>     at org.jdom.transform.XSLTransformer.<init>(XSLTransformer.java:163)
>     at thredds.server.ncSubset.GridServlet.showForm(GridServlet.java:502)
>     at thredds.server.ncSubset.GridServlet.doGet(GridServlet.java:157)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>     at thredds.servlet.filter.RequestQueryFilter.doFilter(RequestQueryFilter.java:121)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>     at thredds.servlet.filter.RequestPathFilter.doFilter(RequestPathFilter.java:105)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
>     at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
>     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>     at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:568)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> my guess is that another webapp is setting saxon as the XSLT library, but its not in the TDS classpath. this might happpen on the tomcat startup.sh or setenv.sh. can you look around for environ vars or startup tomcat -D for something with java.xml.transform.TransformerFactory in it.

NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the web. If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.