[THREDDS #VLV-823837]: THREDDS WMS support for OPeNDAP

Hi Peisheng,

> For example, we can use some OPeNDAP URLs to get data
> (http://airspar1.ecs.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level2/AIRX2SUP.005/2010/135/AIRS.2010.05.15.053.L2.RetSup.v5.2.2.0.G10136060648.hdf?solzen[y][x]),
> longitude
> (http://airspar1.ecs.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level2/AIRX2SUP.005/2010/135/AIRS.2010.05.15.053.L2.RetSup.v5.2.2.0.G10136060648.hdf.dods?Longitude),
> and latitude
> (http://airspar1.ecs.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level2/AIRX2SUP.005/2010/135/AIRS.2010.05.15.053.L2.RetSup.v5.2.2.0.G10136060648.hdf.dods?Latitude).

Yes, you can use the TDS to serve this dataset through WMS. I just set it up on
my local server by adding the following to my catalog:

  <dataset name="Sample DAP URL from esupport VLV-823837"
ID="VLV-823837/dataset1"
           urlPath="VLV-823837/dataset1">
    <metadata>
      <serviceName>allServices</serviceName>
      <dataType>GRID</dataType>
    </metadata>
    <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";

location="http://airspar1.ecs.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level2/AIRX2SUP.005/2010/135/AIRS.2010.05.15.053.L2.RetSup.v5.2.2.0.G10136060648.hdf";>
    </netcdf>
  </dataset>

where "allServices" references the following:

  <service name="allServices" base="" serviceType="Compound">
    <service name="dapService" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
    <service name="httpService" serviceType="HTTPServer"
base="/thredds/fileServer/" />
    <service name="wcs" serviceType="WCS" base="/thredds/wcs/" />
    <service name="wms" serviceType="WMS" base="/thredds/wms/" />
  </service>

It would be faster if accessing it from local disk but it did OK getting the
data from the OPeNDAP dataset.

Ethan

> John Caron wrote:
> > Peisheng Zhao wrote:
> > > THREDDS provides data access through the OGC WMS, for any "gridded"
> > > dataset whose coordinate system information is complete. We have some
> > > swath data in OPeNDAP which provide lat/lon information in separate
> > > map vectors. In this case, can THREDDS WMS support it?
>
> It depends, can you send a URL?

Ticket ID: VLV-823837
Department: Support THREDDS