Re: does TDS support HDF data?

On 5/4/2010 1:19 PM, Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) wrote:
John,
   I was pitching Hyrax at a meeting for HDF4 and HDF5 data, and Ted H. was
speculating whether TDS supported those formats.  Does it?
--
Chris Lynnes   301-614-5185   NASA/GSFC Code 610.2, B32/S130B

Hi Chris:

CDM supports HDF4 and HDF5. TDS supports them pretty much everywhere except the opendap server, which currently really only supports the "classic" netcdf data model. We plan to upgrade that in TDS 4.3, probably another 6 months away.

One of the issues is that we need to use DAP 4 to do it right, so weve been kind of waiting for Hyrax/James to finish that, so we dont have do it twice.

John