[THREDDS #WUY-770923]: Thredds client

Ernst, we cant read your email, apparently you are sending in html? can you
resend in plain text? thanks

> Hi Ethan, Sorry I meant NetCDf UI toolset not Netted (a victim of
> spellcheck I think) We use IDV extensively in our lab, but what I am
> looking for is an application or tool that could be set up to automatically
> pull data from the TDS and store the returned files. The legacy systems
> are things like WARP, ITWS, (and simulations of those systems) etc.  The
> systems are operational and any changes to their code must be carefully
> thought out.  So the current goal is to access and provide them with
> data in the way they currently retrieve it but with data sourced from
> a more advanced netcentric architecture. Ernie-----"Unidata
> THREDDS Support" <address@hidden> wrote: -----To: Ernest CTR
> Sessa/ACT/CNTR/FAA@FAAFrom: "Unidata THREDDS Support"
> <address@hidden>Date: 08/18/2009 04:42PMcc: address@hidden.eduSubject:
> [THREDDS #WUY-770923]: Thredds clientHi Ernie,> I have installed a TDS
  that is successfully serving> a wide variety of data within our NexGen
development> environment.>> It would be a great help to have a
client> application that was capable of being configured to> query (with
sub setting) the thredds data server and> return and store the resulting
file.I'm not sure what you mean by query the TDS. Have you looked at the IDV
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/)? It can read THREDDS catalogs and
open datasets in those catalogs that are served by OPeNDAP. Once opened it can
make subset requests to actual read the data from the server.There is also the
NCSS service which provides a way to request a subset of a dataset and get a
netCDF file back. For example, on our server
(http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html), if you browse down thru
"NCEP Model Data" to an accessible dataset you will see a variety of access
methods. If you select the "NetcdfSubset" access URL, it will show a web form
from which you can
  select the subset you want.> I have examined the Netted tools application
and> although the capability to do what I want may reside> there, I am
incapable of divining its true nature.> Are you aware of such a capability
and if so can you> instruct me in how to locate it?I am not familiar with
the "Netted tools application" so I can't give you much help there. Is that
part of FAA NextGen development?> (I need the functionality to dump data
into older> legacy systems)What kind of legacy systems are you using? And
what types of data can they read?If your legacy systems can read netCDF files,
then the NCSS service might be  of interest. Another possibility if they
read netCDF, the next release of netCDF-4 will also read OPeNDAP so with a
little relinking you could access the remote data directly  in your
apps.> Thanks> ErnieHope that's useful. Let us know if you have any other
questions.EthanTicket Details===================Ticket ID: WUY-77
 0923Department: Support THREDDSPriority: NormalStatus: Closed