[THREDDS #SSS-460913]: Change Data URL on OPeNDAP Dataset Access Form

Hi Michael,

OK, on your OPENDAP .html page I'm seeing the "Data URL" as:

http://hycom2.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/analysis

Looks like your Tomcat installation isn't configured to use tds.hycom.org as
the host address. Can you send us your Tomcat server.xml file,
${TOMCAT_HOME}/conf/server.xml, so we can take a look at it? There are a few
places in there you can configure the host name.

Also, are you running Tomcat standalone or are you proxying it through Apache?
How is the tds.hycom.org host name setup? Just DNS? Or, if you are proxying
through Apache, is Apache configured to deal with it as well?

Thanks,

Ethan

> Is there any way to force THREDDS/Tomcat to display another "Data URL"
> on the "OPeNDAP Dataset Access Form" rather than the hostname of the
> server running Tomcat+THREDDS?
>
> I can set the OPeNDAP URL correctly here by just specifying the full
> path on the catalog,
> http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/catalog_global_analysis_all.html?dataset=GLBa0.08/analysis
>
> But when the user clicks on the OPeNDAP URL below "Access"
> Access:
> OPENDAP: http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/analysis
>
> the "Data URL" on the "OPeNDAP Dataset Access Form" does not match.
> http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/analysis.html
>
> This presents a problem if we ever change tomcat+thredds servers and
> the hostname changes...the problem we are running into now.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael McDonald
> Assistant in Research / Systems Administrator
> Center for Ocean Atmospheric Prediction Studies
> Department of Scientific Computing
> The Florida State University

Ticket ID: SSS-460913
Department: Support THREDDS