[THREDDS #QQJ-712397]: Configuration question about requesting URL using a port number when using tomcat running under apache.

Hi Leon,

Leon A Benjamin wrote:

> My question is what would be the typical configuration port for
> end-users to access our THREDDS server when running tomcat under
> apache in a DMZ? Is it port 80?  I saw port numbers listed in
> examples URLS and I don't understand why the end-user need one
> in this configuration.

You are right. If you are proxying Tomcat through Apache and Apache is setup to
use the default HTTP port (80), then you won't need to include a port number in
the URLs.

The default configuration for a stand-alone Tomcat is to use port 8080. We
mostly run our servers under a stand-alone Tomcat. So, most of our examples
include port 8080 in the URL.

Ethan

Ticket ID: QQJ-712397
Department: Support THREDDS