Re: Netcdf-Java guidance needed

Hi, John.

Thanks very much for your pointers. I'm embarrassed that I did not see the netcdf/examples/programs link. I think I was suffering considerable information overload trying to figure out how to easily access the contents of the MADIS files I started with. The Java examples look very nice and clean. I wish I'd pursued that approach sooner. In any case, earlier last week Jeff (address@hidden ) steered me over to http://www.met.utah.edu where I found I could download the variables that I needed for a single station by the month. So, I'd begun that approach before I heard back from you and it's seemed to work out OK. If I need to go back for more data, I may try the Java approach.

So, thank you all, Dave, Jeff, and John.

Best wishes,

David