Re: Netcdf-Java guidance needed

Hi David:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

has some complete programs that should be helpful.

David Leserman wrote:
> Hi, John.
>
> Browsing the http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/, I see
> that you've written a lot of the documentation and that you're the
> THREDDS, NetCDF-Java expert at Unidata, so I pose my query to you.
>
> I find extensive documentation for the details of NetCDF-Java on the web
> site. What I can't find is any example of a complete Java program that
> would be used to access some data. I believe that with one or two
> examples, I could complete my task (described below). Can you direct me
> to such an example? If you're not the person to ask, can you suggest
> someone else?
>
> I'm an individual attempting to use MADIS datasets to glean a few
> parameter values for a single station, KBJC, for every hour for 3+
> years. I'm looking for the METAR values for SKYCVLB (sky cover layer
> base), DD (wind direction), FF (wind speed), FFGUST (wind gust), VIS
> (visibility), PCP1H (accumulated precip - 1h), and PCPRATE
> (precipitation rate).

we dont yet have the MADIS data being served through a THREDDS Data Server. We
are working on that and will keep you informed. You might look at our
experimental METAR server at

  http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ncss/metars/dataset.html

this service will be up and down, but any feedback would be appreciated.

good luck!