[THREDDS #AOI-234251]: Serious problem with thredds server

Hi Ángel,

> Hello. My name is Ángel G. Muñoz and I work for the Scientific Modeling
> Centre of La Universidad del Zulia. We have been working with the ROMS
> model for a while without problems until several weeks ago, when we
> discovered some problems with the script for automated run. Now we can
> see that the issue is related with the migration of the original
> opendap/dods site to a new thredds server.
>
> We need for ROMS the Kalman Filter data of ECCO-JPL. The matlab script
> points to:
>
> url = 'http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/datasets/kf066b/kf066b_';
>
> I have seen that you have something similar here:
>
> http://apdrc.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/dodsC/jplecco/kf066a2

This is a THREDDS Data Server (TDS) running at the University of Hawaii. You
might be able to get the information you need by taking a look at the following:

http://apdrc.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/idd/jpl_kf066a2.html

If you click on any of the dataset links,

> But I just can't find the correct prompt or any information about it. We
> need this prompt so the script can download all the boundary conditions
> for a forecast run. ROMS (Roms_tools) is doing this in matlab:
>
> Making output data directory ../Run/DATA/Forecast/
> mkdir: cannot create directory `../Run/DATA/Forecast/': File exists
> Process the dataset:
> http://apdrc.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/dodsC/jplecco/kf066a2/kf066a2_
> Testing date: 14-Feb-2009
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 04-Feb-2009
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 25-Jan-2009
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 15-Jan-2009
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 05-Jan-2009
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 26-Dec-2008
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 16-Dec-2008
> Character '=' (61) is not allowed.Character '=' (61) is not allowed.
> File does not exist
> Testing date: 06-Dec-2008
> File found
> ??? Reference to non-existent field 'time'.
>
> Error in ==> ../Forecast_tools/download_ECCO_frcst.m at 132
> tindex=x.time.DODS_ML_Size;
>
> Error in ==> ../Forecast_tools/make_OGCM_frcst.m at 101
> eval(['OGCM_name=download_',OGCM,'_frcst(lonmin,lonmax,latmin,latmax,',...
>

> Can you help me please? We really need this url for continuing our work.
>
> Cheers

Ticket ID: AOI-234251
Department: Support THREDDS