[THREDDS #JUG-478150]: Question re NOAAPXCD and THREDDS

Hi Martha,

re:
> Just wanted to let you know that the fix you sent works, so we should be
> able to proceed with picking the products we wish to file.

Excellent!

> I am not quite sure what happened re tabs vs spaces - I had cut and
> pasted from your file, but I suppose that there was a translation issue
> along the way as I went from Windows to Linux.

My own experience is that cutting and pasting may or may not preserve things
like tabs -- it seems to work OK when the original and destination terminal
windows are both on Linux; it does not seem to work when both are on Solaris.
I would assume that the same sort of thing is true with Windows.  The other
thing about Windows is the difference in new line characters.  I have requested
an LDM patch that would automagically convert Windows formalism to *nix
formalism, but this is a very low priority, so don't expect it anytime soon.
The safest thing is to simply do the editing in an editor on a *nix machine.

> I have been careful to place the tabs where they should go.

Very good.

Question:

- will you take my advice and upgrade your LDM to the latest release?

I think that moving up to LDM-6.7+ will end up saving you time and grief
down the road.

> Thanks for your help.

No worries.

Ticket ID: JUG-478150