[THREDDS #ARF-381071]: Thredds + scanning (fmrc) with unreadable subdirectories

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for catching this. I've made fixes to both our current release
code (3.16) and our development code to check for this situation and give
better error messages. We haven't made a new 3.16 release yet as we have some
other, unrelated, fixes we want to get in. But one should be out in the next
week or two.

It turns out that Java on Windows XP does have some problems detecting
directories on which the user doesn't have read permission. I don't know many
details but I think it is supposed to be fixed in Java 7.

But that is really neither here nor there. The fixes mean that if we can detect
the lack of read permission the TDS won't even list the unreadable directory.
If it can't detect that the directory is not readable, it may try to catalog
the directory but it won't throw exceptions and an informative log message will
be written.

Ethan

Ticket ID: ARF-381071
Department: Support THREDDS