[THREDDS #RLA-366291]: IOSP and dataset plugin

Hi Roy,

> I lose links.  Is the Dataset Plugin for THREDDS the replacement for
> the I/O Service Provider?  If not, I have lost the link to the
> latter  (in fact can I get the best links for either/both).

Nope, not the replacement. But they are related.

Here's the DatasetSource reference documentation:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/DatasetSource.html

which says:

  In order for the TDS to serve data through any of the subsetting
  protocols like OPenDAP, WCS and the Netcdf Subsetting Service,
  it must be able to read the data into the Common Data Model.
  When the data is contained in a file, this is done with an I/O
  Service Provider (IOSP). When the dataset depends on request
  parameters that are passed to the TDS by the client, then a more
  general interface is needed, since the IOSP does not have access
  to the HttpServletRequest object.

and the netCDF-java Tutorial has a section on IOSP:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/

Hope that helps,

Ethan

Ticket ID: RLA-366291