[THREDDS #MHO-737897]: Quickie: How to specify an NcML file in a THREDDS catalog

Hi Rich:

The trick is that the NcML is logically independent of the TDS Catalog, if you
put it in its own file you can point ToolsUI or IDV at it. Anyway, here are
some examples, let me know if they suffice:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/NcML.htm

> THREDDS Folk,
>
> I've got some NcML files that specify GridDatasets, and I'd like to
> put them in a simple THREDDS catalog.
>
> But I can't figure out how to specify an NcML file in THREDDS.
>
> This, for example, doesn't work:
>
> <catalog
> xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
> >
> <service name="TEST" serviceType="HTTPServer"
> base="http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/test/"; />
> <dataset name="UMB Mass Bay Model (2000-2001)" serviceName="TEST"
> urlPath="local_test.ncml"/>
> </catalog>
>
> What should be the "serviceType"?   Do I need a "dataFormat"?
>
> Hoping to use this in a demo on Wednesday at noon!
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
> --
> Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229