[IDV #YLJ-997185]: IDV - Movie generation in the workshop

Hi Peter,

> Is it possible to configure THREDDS to provide a link to allow the
> downloading of the actual file detected in a directory scan ?
>
> If so, how is this defined ?  Is it define via the service tag
>
> e.g.
>
> <service name="downloadServer" serviceType="downloadServer"
> base="/thredds/fileServer/" >

That is right. However, the current convention is for the value of serviceType
to be "HTTPServer". Though I'm not sure there are any clients that use this
value of serviceType to recognize an HTTP download service. Probably better to
stick with convention for future compatibility.

> The example data sets in the download are associated with the NetCDF
> Java Tool (in the Viewer section of the data set description).

I would guess this is due to the fact they are being served by OPeNDAP.

If you want to serve the data by more than one service, you need a compound
service element.

<service name="allServices" serviceType="compound" base="">
  <service name="fileServer" serviceType="HTTPServer"
base="/thredds/fileServer/" />
  <service name="odapServer" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
  <service name="wcsServer" serviceType="WCS" base="/thredds/wcs/" />
</service>

Ethan

Ticket ID: YLJ-997185
Department: Support THREDDS