Re: Adding a service to a remotely served dataset

Hi Roy,

If you are actually serving the dataset through your server (which it sounds like you are since you mention existing NcML for the dataset) rather than providing a link in your catalog to the remote server, I believe you can simply add the WCS service to your TDS configuration catalog and serve the data via WCS. It shouldn't require any changes to the NcML, just to the service element in the catalog.

Of course, this depends on the dataset meeting the WCS server requirements, e.g., evenly spaced grid.

I'm not sure how it would perform. But I'll leave it for John to respond on that.

Ethan

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Hi:

The question for today is if our TDS is "serving" a dataset remotely (ie. the remote site has their own TDS and we just link indirectly to it), can we add a service to our version that they don't have (just like we can aggregate a remote dataset that is not aggregated). In particular the remote dataset only has an OPeNDAP response, but we would like to be able to respond to both an OPeNDAP and a WCS response.

If we change our NcML appropriately, will that work?

Thanks in advance,

-Roy

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division Southwest Fisheries Science Center
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097

e-mail: address@hidden (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029
fax: (831)-648-8440
www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690
UCAR Unidata Program Center                   E-mail:    address@hidden
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/