Re: failure to connect to catalog from IDV, NetCDF Tools

Hi John,

Are you handing IDV and Tools UI the URL to the catalog.xml or catalog.html? From below it looks like you might be giving them the URL for the HTML view of the catalog. Make sure the URL is for the XML catalog (http://map3.ngdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml) and see if that works.

Ethan

John Cartwright wrote:
Hello All,

I'm justing getting started w/ THREDDS and seem to have my server running. However, trying to connect to the catalog via IDV (v2.2) or NetCDF Tools (v.2.2) produces the error:

An error has occurred:
Creating ui:http://map3.ngdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.html
Error parsing xml: The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version"
must end with '>'.
The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must
end with '>'. line:31 column:3

Can someone tell me how to correct this? Doesn't seem to be a property of the catalog.xml that I've been editing to add datasets.

Thanks!

-- john

Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690
UCAR Unidata Program Center                   E-mail:    address@hidden
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/