Subject: Re: HDF4 support
From:    "Ethan Davis" <address@hidden>
Date:    Wed, December 6, 2006 2:55 pm
To:      address@hidden
Cc:      address@hidden

Hi John,

Yuan Ho wrote:
> John Relph wrote:
>> I was wondering if anybody has HDF4 support working in THREDDS.
> No, I think only HDF5.

The THREDDS Data Server only serves data that the netCDF-java library
can read. As Yuan said, it can't read HDF4 but can read HDF5 (though it
isn't a full HDF5 implementation, so there are HDF5 files that it can't
read).

However, if you are looking for OPeNDAP access, the OPeNDAP project
(opendap.org) does have an HDF4 server.

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690

Alaska Ocean Observing System
Data Manager
907-474-7948