[THREDDS #ACH-367294]: TDS out of memory problems

Is this an operational server? Can you try the latest server 3.16? If nothing
else, upgrade to latest 3.14.07. You can download from:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/TDS.html

other answers inline: (sorry for the lack of quotes)

Jim Cowie Posted on 20070504.1340 MDT

> 1. Are you using NcML aggregation? Can you send me the TDS config catalog
> that has this dataset in it.

How can I tell? If you mean the xml file for this, I've included it at
at the end of this email.

yes, you are using NcML agg...

     <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
        <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinNew" recheckEvery="5 min">

> 2. Are you sure its a netcdf file? you rewrote the GINI files into netcdf?

Yes. We convert the GINI images to netCDF mainly to remap them into a
projection that matches our client display. We didn't want to remap them
on the fly on the server or the client, thinking this would be too
expensive. So we remap them when we receive them and then move them
into the data directories.

ok.

> 3. Is the server on yaw? Im trying to get access to yaw from here (need a
> hole in the firewall), if you can expedite that would help.

Our server is hobbes.rap.ucar.edu. I think Rob W is also running a TDS,
perhaps on yaw, but I'm not using that one. I'll have to ask our
network group if we can put a hole in the firewall ... won't be fast.

ok, please ask, my IP is 128.117.140.71 (bert.unidata.ucar.edu)

BTW, what is your project? And want is Robb's?

The server is otherwise publicly available via the main RAL web server
(www.rap.ucar.edu). We take public requests there and forward them to
hobbes. But I think the requests include some path info that I don't
have readily available.

I need access to the TDS server directly.

Here's the catalog file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <catalog
xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0
"
           xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
           name="THREDDS-IDD OPeNDAP Data Server" version="1.0.1">
    <service name="myDods" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/">
      <datasetRoot path="ignored" location="content/westVIS/"/>
    </service>
    <dataset name="West VIS Aggregation" ID="westVIS" urlPath="data/westVIS">
      <serviceName>myDods</serviceName>
      <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
        <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinNew" recheckEvery="5 min">
          <variableAgg name="Visible"/>
          <scan dateFormatMark="WEST_VIS_#yyyyMMdd_HHmm"
                location="/d2/dicast/st/dec_data/satellite/VIS/WEST/"
                suffix=".nc" />
        </aggregation>
      </netcdf>
    </dataset>