[THREDDS #ACH-367294]: TDS out of memory problems

Hi Jim,

I understand your concern about the free memory size trending down and hovering
at a low number. However, I think that is just a function of how the Java
garbage collection works on a server. On the other hand, we did have some
memory issues awhile back, I think pre-3.14, so I would encourage you to make
sure you are running our latest stable release 3.14.06:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/thredds/3.14/thredds.war

Also, for JVM options and such, take a look at some of the setup documents
reference from our TDS doc page

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/

esp the "Security" and "Performance" links.

So, from your voice mail, it sounds like you did get some big requests that
match up to the OutOfMemoryErrors. Could you send an example?

Thanks,

Ethan

Ticket ID: ACH-367294
Department: Support THREDDS