[THREDDS #MJD-247084]: erroneous handling of extraCatalogs.txt with newer TDS version

Hi Anne,

> There may be a bug in the handling of moving to the use of
> threddsConfig.xml.  My newer version of TDS (that has threddsConfig.xml
> in the distribution) did not read my existing extraCatalogs.txt.

The threddsConfig.xml file is a replacement for extraCatalogs.txt. So, you
should move catalogs from extraCatalogs.txt into threddsConfig.xml.

However, for backwards compatibility, if threddsConfig.xml does not contain any
catalog roots the code will read extraCatalogs.txt and use the catalogs listed
there as catalog roots.

Ethan

Ticket ID: MJD-247084
Department: Support THREDDS