Re: Serving remote datasets with the NetCDF server

Ethan Davis wrote:
I don't see anything in the code that would restrict the netCDF server from working on remote datasets. We currently have our motherlode.ucar.edu server setup to provide ncServer access only for local NCEP GRIB data but from what I'm seeing it appears we could set it up to work with any dataset (local or remote) as long as it is gridded and follows a convention the netCDF-java library understands.

Fastastic. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, and I think the community would find this *very* useful!

-Rich
--
Richard P. Signell
U.S. Geological Survey       Phone: (508) 457-2229