HDF4

Hello,

I have a boat load of hdf4 files that I would like to make available via the Thredds OpenDAP server. I see that the C version of the OpenDAP server supports hdf4 but I only see hdf5 listed for the java netcdf library. I gave it a shot and only get errors, so I'm assuming there is no backwards compatibility. Are there any options for serving hdf4 files using Thredds?

-bruce