Re: New Catalog File, a couple of questions

oh, i also told you a slightly wrong thing, you should use

<service name="opendap" serviceType="OPENDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />

instead of

<service name="opendap" serviceType="OPENDAP"
base="http://dods.gso.uri.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/"; />

this makes your catalog portable if you want to move it, and will work exactly the same.

Daniel Holloway wrote:
John,

Attached is the catalog.xml reworked using your information. I have it installed at http://dods.gso.uri.edu:8080/thredds/ and I also copied into the dodsC directory under thredds but I always get a file not found error for the catalog.xml when I try to access that location (.i.e., /thredds/dodsC). I'll go back to your docs to see if I can find what I'm doing wrong. As for the catalog, I think it's correct though I did remove the 'urlPath' from the dataset since it's not part of the path for tomcat at all but part of a separate Apache webserver setup so I didn't think it was relevant.

Thanks for you help on this. Hankin has been after me to get this installed and setup.

       Dan

<catalog xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
         xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
         name="URI-THREDDS OPeNDAP Data Server" version="1.0.1">

  <service name="opendap" serviceType="OPENDAP"
base="http://dods.gso.uri.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/"; />

  <dataset name="Pathfinder AVHRR Northwest Atlantic Aggregation (6km Declouded)"

     <serviceName>opendap</serviceName>

     <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>

        <dimension name="time" length="0"/>
        <variable name="time" type="String" shape="time" >
           <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Time" />
        </variable>

        <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinNew">
           <variableAgg name="T" />
           <netcdf
location="http://dods.gso.uri.edu/dods-3.4/nph-dods/Pathfinder/Northwest_Atlantic/6km/declouded/1999/1/f99001082417.hdf";
 coord="1999-01-01T08:24:17Z" />