Re: TDS Aggregation Catalog

Hi Dan:

I assume you've seen these docs:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/NcML.htm

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Aggregation.html

??

Anyway, you dont need scan, you can just list all the datasets

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>

(1)<dimension name="time" length="0"/>
  <variable name="time" type="int" shape="time">
    <attribute name="units" value="months since 2000-6-16 6:00"/>
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Time" />
  </variable>

(2)<aggregation dimName="time" type="joinNew">
(3)  <variableAgg name="T"/>
(4)  <netcdf location="file:test/data/ncml/nc/time0.nc" coordValue="0"/>
    <netcdf location="file:test/data/ncml/nc/time1.nc" coordValue="1"/>
    <netcdf location="file:test/data/ncml/nc/time2.nc" coordValue="2"/>
  </aggregation>

</netcdf>

see

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Aggregation.html#joinNew

lemme know if that helps...

Daniel Holloway wrote:
Hi John,

I'm setting up a TDS to replace our older Aggregation Server. I've reviewed the documentation you have, at least all the links that I could find/follow. My question is does the new aggregation configuration require the use of 'scan', or can I setup the configuration file similarly to the old way? If so, would you have any examples I could look at for type 'join-new', that is where I'm creating a new dimension. The typical new 'time' dimension, hopefully expressible using the old 'coord=' attribute.

    Thanks,

Dan