Re: Automatic catalog generation

H Marcelo,

The THREDDS Data Server (TDS) can catalog (and serve over HTTP, just bulk file transport) any file. However, to serve a dataset over OPeNDAP, it needs to read the data file in through the netCDF-Java library. So the data file must be in a format supported by the netCDF-Java library. Unfortunately, at this time GrADS files are not supported by the netCDF-Java library.

I'm not sure of the details, but I would guess that the GrADS Data Server (GDS) can serve any GrADS file over OPeNDAP. The GDS also provides THREDDS catalogs (just add "thredds" to the end of a GDS directory URL) though the last release I checked had a few glitches in the catalogs. The GDS can also serve some netCDF files but I think there are some limitations on that.

Hope that helps,

Ethan

Marcelo Costa Oliveira wrote:

Tanxs a lot for advanced me Ethan

In my way i need that Thredds support GRADS files, but i condn't find any information about it. In my examples Thredds worked fine with NetCd - .nc, but i cond't get the same functionality with Grads.

http://mocinha.lsd.ufcg.edu.br:8080/thredds/

tanxs a lot.