OpenDAP and digital libararies

Hi,

An Australian group called TPAC (Tasmanian Partnership of Advanced
Computing) has sponsored the development of a digital library portal
which is capable of crawling over OpenDAP networks, extracting the
metadata vis the DAS and building up a searchable digital library of data.

I found this out at the APAC conference, at which I presented a paper on
the capacities of OpenDAP for linking institutions and making a
consistent interface between them.

There are some strong synergies between the TPAC digital library
software and what OpenDAP represents at a lower level. Hopefully, we
will be setting up this software on a research box here at the Bureau,
and I'll let you know if it lives up to expectations.

Cheers,
-Tennessee