thredds slowdown

Hi all,

I have noticed something weird going on. When I restart the THREDDS
server from the tomcat manager, it will take a *very* long time to
restart. Sometimes it doesn't seem to do so at all.

When it is running, however, it's pretty responsive. Something just
feels "wrong" when it's restarting. There are quite a lot of files in
the catalog, but not a massive amount. I was wondering if anyone had
ever had this experience, how I could track what the THREDDS server is
actually *doing* by watching additional debugging in I could maybe turn
on, etc...

Cheer,s
-T