Re: Newbie problems with catalog generator

Hi Tennessee,

Did you edit the config.xml file (which sets up the tasks) as well as the cat gen config file? I guess you must have if it is showing up in the interface. Make sure the period value is not set to zero; if it is, the task won't be run. Are you getting any messages in the log files? What version of the server are you running? Is this a publicly available server? If so, send me the URL and I'll take a look at the config files.

Sorry these config file formats are so ugly. We're working on simplifying and cleaning up the configuration throughout the server. But for now ...

Ethan

Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

Hi all,

I'm struggling a bit with the catalog generator -- it's the first time
I've tried to use it. The dods server is running fine, it's just the
generator that's NQR.

I want to serve out all the netCDF files that sit in a particular
directory tree, starting from some particular base. I wrote up a catalog
generator config file, and saved it to disk.

I tried to create a new task using the servlet interface, but I kept
getting permission denied messages for a user with the "manager" role.
Undeterred, I tried to simply edit the config file on disk and restart
the server. The new entry shows up in the interface, but the catalog was
not generated. In fact, there are no catalogs even for the examples
generator files.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the proper steps to be taken to
get this working?

Cheers,
-T

-- Ethan R. Davis Telephone: (303) 497-8155 Software Engineer Fax: (303) 497-8690 UCAR Unidata Program Center E-mail: address@hidden P.O. Box 3000 Boulder, CO 80307-3000 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------