Paper on OpenDAP

Hi all,

I have written a draft paper on the work I have been doing at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology which has been accepted into a conference here in September. In light of some of the reviewer comments, I would like to spend a little more time describing the OpenDAP community, and going into more depth w.r.t. XML data catalogs etc.

One thing I thought I might try would be to write a catalog crawler to demonstrate how one can discover data sources using automated tools to a greater extent that possible under ad-hoc data publication.

I also thought I would get some feedback on what the community saw as the most interesting aspects of thredds/opendap, and what new directions are on the horizon (if I might be allowed to mix my metaphors).

Cheers,
-T