Re: adding xlink:type attribute

Ethan Davis wrote:

Hi Benno,

I will go through our catalogs and add the xlink:type attribute. I'll also add it to our catalog generation tools.

That would be great.

In the InvCatalog 0.6 spec xlink:type had a default value of "simple". Looks like that got dropped in 1.0. Does adding this as a default seem like a good idea? Or would requiring it but no default value be preferable?

my reading of xlink is that xlink:type is required, and the way we are using xlink its value is "simple".
There is no provision for a default value.

The reason for doing this is so that we can build on top of software that already understands xlink, which, if we have not written it, is expecting xlink:type="simple" before processing it.

Benno

--
Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          address@hidden
International Research Institute for climate prediction