adding xlink:type attribute

Hello all,

I have been reading about namespaces in general and xlink in particular.
According to the xlink spec,

xlink:type="simple"

is required for a simple (i.e. not extended) link, which is the way THREDDS is using xlink.
Adding it means software that is xlink-aware (mozilla for one) will display links as links, though in mozilla's case, it is only apparent if you add a

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="threddsstyle.css" ?>

line to the thredds catalog so that mozilla actually processes the xml file in a standard way.

I have added it to the THREDDS catalogs I generate, with no obvious ill effects so far.

If there are ill effects, please let me know.

I would hope that the THREDDS standard would add this so that the THREDDS xml is better understood by more software.

Benno

--
Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          address@hidden
International Research Institute for climate prediction