general scientific markup language

Hi,

I recently came upon an article on STMML

<http://www.xml-cml.org/stmml/>

a discussion of a general xml dialect for science, technology, math, and medicine. It doesn't attempt to be all things to all disciplines, but is more an attempt to provide an integrating framework. Perhaps some of the Earth science efforts with ESML, NCML, GML, and even perhaps ARCXML might find a place. In any case, if you haven't already heard about it, it's an interesting way to think about our variety of MLs.

-- Ben