<dataset> Listing Order

Hi,

I'm wondering if the catalog generator crawls files -- and thus lists
<dataset> elements -- in file timestamp order, same as doing an ls -lt
from a command prompt.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm using (bastardizing?) the catalog
generator to create a DODS Aggregation Server catalog (with editing),
and the order that the files are being aggregated is defaulting to the
order that I get them from the THREDDS catalog generator. Are there (can
I wish for) any ordering options in the catalog generator?

Can I also wish for an option to generate DODS AS catalogs? Anyone else
creating DODS AS catalogs?

Thanks,

Mark