RE: THREDDS update

Ben,

Sorry for the slow response - just got back from being out of the
office.

We experimented with the catalog generator several months ago and at
that time it did not handle the organization of the data holdings we
were trying to catalog.  We have several datasets that are organized,
for functional reasons, with granules in daily directories - spanning a
number of years.  The generator choked on the large number of
directories and granules.  We will download the latest version and try
again but we expect that the easier solution will be to write our own
scripts to handle what might be a unique situation of the way we
organized these data sets.  We still need to get more proactive with
actually testing our datasets through some THREDDS enabled applications,
and are trying to utilize other data types and services through THREDDS
- such as WMS/WCS functionality.  We have recently developed an DODS
server using ESML on the backend to access heterogeneous data sets and
we would like to test this capability through THREDDS interactions as
well.

Ken Keiser
Information Technology and Systems Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Technology Hall
Huntsville, AL 35899
Email: address@hidden Web:  http://www.itsc.uah.edu/