Re: Parsing and missparsing XML -- Slurp too

Benno Blumenthal wrote:

> Slurp also seems to be misparsing lines like this xml line from
> http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/thredds.xml
>
> <catalogRef xlink:title="DASILVA"
> xlink:href="http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml"/>
> xlink:href="http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml";>
>
> The robot is hitting  urls like
>
> http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml"/
>

> which I am presuming to mean that it does not understand the   '/>' notation
> to end the tag.

Seems to be a common problem. My email reader (NS 4.7x) doesn't correctly
determine the end of a URL that ends with '"/>' but does with '">'.

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                       Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                    Fax:       (303) 497-8690