Parsing and missparsing XML

In looking through my logs, I noticed that fastsearch.net has managed (somehow) to find  my thredds directory, but seems to be misparsing it.

The top of the directory is at

http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/thredds.xml

and that file has lines in it like

<catalogRef xlink:title="DASILVA" xlink:href=""http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml"/">http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml"/>

The robot is hitting  urls like

http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.DASILVA/thredds.xml"/

which I am presuming to mean that it does not understand the   '/>' notation to end the tag.

Are we using a non-standard xml notation?   I was just following the example I was given.

Benno

--
Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          address@hidden
International Research Institute for climate prediction