Re: text versions for using the NSDL Communication Portal

I sure agree about Word and PP -- that's why I try to use StarOffice for
such things.  Just for grins, I opened Chris' Word file in SO and then
just saved it as HTML -- the result is at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/wiki/wiki.html

The HTML is not too onerous.

But, actually, I was hoping to promote document preparation in HTML.
Just as you, I find converting between formats to often produces
"interesting" results, whereas simple HTML is nowadays pretty universal.
Now if I could only convince NSF/Fastlane (although I see that PDF is
not the only format available these days...HTML still is not).

[Although I note this is the same line of thinking that caused me to
speak out about "point data" at the meeting, so maybe I already made my
point... ;-]

tom

--
Tom Whittaker