[python #LCL-405251]: Keep getting Server Error (403: Request Too Large: Too large, max size = 629145600)

Greetings!

Apologies for the delayed response. Can you send the full code for the query
you're using to download? If I try to follow what I think you're doing:

cat =
TDSCatalog('http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/catalog.xml')

best = cat.datasets['Best GFS Quarter Degree Forecast Time Series']
ncss = best.subset()
query =
ncss.query().variables('Geopotential_height_isobaric').vertical_level('25000')

ncss.get_data(query)

I don't get the message about the query being too large.

Cheers,

Ryan

> > Unidata User Support
> If i remember correctly asking for bulk requests for Data in the upper
> air regions 500mb - 250mb (Jetstream) will result in a significantly
> larger GFS requests so this may be one of the problems. One of the
> additional things i can remember is with 850-250mb charts are the
> addition of wind knots data aka wind values for u and v as well as the
> upper level isobaric data requests.
>
> So i am thinking that asking for these parameters in my amended script
> has resulted in the inflated GFS request as well as the fact that the
> request is for the entire time series over the US.

Ticket ID: LCL-405251
Department: Support Python