[python #VSF-738863]: Calculating storm relative helicity for gridded data

Greetings!

MetPy has a storm_relative_helicity calculation, on which you specify a custom
depth:

https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/api/generated/metpy.calc.storm_relative_helicity.html

Unfortunately, this does not currently support being given full 3D grids as
input, only a single 1D profile, so you'll need to loop over the grid points in
order to use it on gridded GFS output.

Addressing this limitation is definitely in our medium-term plans, though.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Hello
>
> I would like to calculate the 0-3km SRH for gridded GFS data.
> I see there is a 0-1.5km SRH variable but not 0-3km.
> Is there an efficient way to calculate the 0-3km SRH?

Ticket ID: VSF-738863
Department: Support Python