[python #EPC-295929]: Problems updating Metpy from 1.3 to latest version 1.3.1

Greetings!

Can you please share the error tracebacks that you get when you run the
examples now?

Also, can you share the full list of packages you're trying to install in the
environment that solves slowly or fails to solve? For reference, when I did the
following just now:

    conda create -y -n new-env python=3.10 metpy=1.3.1

it took 12 seconds total on my Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine (with no need to
download any packages).

To address problems with the speed of installing environments, you could also
consider installing Mamba:

  https://pythonspeed.com/articles/faster-conda-install/

But my guess is there's some conflict with something else you're trying to
install alongside MetPy.

Happy to dig in further when you send the information requested above.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Package Version: 1.3
> Operating System: Linux Mint 20 64bit
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Most of the Metpy 1.3 examples that would work with
> Version 1.3 of Metpy no longer process and display errors when run from the
> linux terminal.
> This is with installation of the latest Metpy Version 1.3.1.
>
> Also when trying to install metpy 1.3 from Conda-Forge via conda install
> metpy=1.3 takes ages to solve and most times the channel installation fails.
> Takes ages to solve environment and wont install metpy packages.
> The metpy packages are accessible in the search.
>
> Did not have this problem three months ago.
>
> Uninstalled Conda and Reinstalled, still could not install metpy using this
> method and instead installed metpy with pip install metpy.
>
> This installs metpy 1.3.1 which is demonstrating buggy behaviour when running
> the 1.3 examples.

Ticket ID: EPC-295929
Department: Support Python