[python #ZEQ-453340]: Support to find the PBL height

Greetings!

Thank you for the kind words. MetPy has an implementation of gradient (or flux)
Richardson number:
https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/api/generated/metpy.calc.gradient_richardson_number.html

For PBL calculation, and if you're looking for bulk Richardson number, those
are currently open issues:

https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/issues/628
https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/issues/1515

It's unclear when we'll get around to implementing those, though we are always
open to community contributions on GitHub.

Cheers,

Ryan

> Dear sir/ madam,
> Greetings of the day!
>
> I am  using your resources since long for my research in atmospheric science.
> It is indeed a great platform to learn and explore. In person, I can not
> thank you more for this.
>
> For my research project, I need to compute planetary Boundary layer height
> (PBL) using radiosonde sounding data. Snippet of the data is as
> follows:[cid:image002.png@01D84357.F0ECDBE0]
>
> Now, I am trying hard to develop a python code but unable yet. It would be a
> great help if you could kindly provide some codes/resources to find the
> Richardson number and PBL height and the plots.
>
> I could not find the same in your platform. All I could find about soundings
> data is the Skew-T plots.
>
> Your kind help would be highly appreciated.

Ticket ID: ZEQ-453340
Department: Support Python