[python #ZSR-224274]: problem with metpy import

Greetings!

I saw your Stack Overflow post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71129263/metpy-import-issue-in-debian-10/71133366

If the answer there didn't help, can you tell me how MetPy was installed? I
can't find MetPy listed for Debian Buster, and the version 1.0.0rc1.po is
unofficial, so it's completely unclear what code that actually contains.

Alternatively, installing MetPy 1.0.1 from pip could also work if you uninstall
python3-metpy and do:

    pip install --no-deps metpy==1.0.1

Cheers!

Ryan

> I forgot to include that I'm using pint v0.9.
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I am running python3 on a Debian 10 (buster) system.
>
> Up until yesterday, I was able to perform this import:
>
> from metpy.plots import (StationPlot, StationPlotLayout, wx_code_map,
> current_weather)
>
> After a general package update, I can no longer perform the import and
> instead get this string of errors:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/disk/bob/impacts/bin/ASOS_plot_data_hourly_ISU.py", line 37,
> in <module>
> from metpy.plots import (StationPlot, StationPlotLayout, wx_code_map,
> current_weather)
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/__init__.py", line 35, in
> <module>
> from .xarray import *  # noqa: F401, F403, E402
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/xarray.py", line 27, in
> <module>
> from .units import DimensionalityError, UndefinedUnitError, units
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/metpy/units.py", line 40, in <module>
> lambda string: string.replace('%', 'percent')
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pint/registry.py", line 74, in
> __call__
> obj = super(_Meta, self).__call__(*args, **kwargs)
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'preprocessors'
>
> In fact, I can't even do a simple
>
> import metpy
>
> without getting the same error chain.
>
> Obviously, there must be some sort of version discrepancy with xarray or
> some other package.
>
> I currently have these versions installed:
> python3-metpy (1.0.0rc1.po)
> python3-xarray (0.12.1-1)
>
> Any thoughts about what the required combination of packages should be or
> who I might ask about this?

Ticket ID: ZSR-224274
Department: Support Python