[python #VUH-740050]: Dear Unidata

Greetings,

I assume the problem you're talking about is having the barb/arrow stick out
and overlap the side or bottom axis. Most plotting done using MetPy is based
upon the matplotlib library, so that's really the resource you want to look at
to see how to adjust the plots. I'd recommend taking a look at some the
examples for the "spines":

  https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/index.html#spines

which is how matplotlib refers to the actual lines (with ticks, labels, etc) at
the edge of the plots. This example in particular looks like it could be useful:

  https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/spines/spines_dropped.html

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> When I use wind barbs (or assume same if use vectors), I have them plotted
> off my axis.
>
> I tried one technique where the plotted over the axis and that looked bad.
>
> I would like to duplicate the attached image, do you have any metpy
> suggestions that could make
> give me a a label bottom x-axis as shown here?

Ticket ID: VUH-740050
Department: Support Python